A Hug In A Bowl - This Penne Pasta Has All The Love That You Need
Sometimes, all you want is a comforting presence as you take time out for yourself. On some days, you just want a break from your regular routine. There are days when you crave an indulgence that you know will set things right. Nothing like a bowl of pasta packed with flavor to soothe our souls on such days, amirite?
Perk up a bowl of delicious comfort food with this easy Tomato Garlic Penne Pasta recipe.
PS: Helps that this indulgence is guilt-free with WickedGüd
- 1/2 cup - Penne Pasta
- 1 - Tomato, chopped roughly
- 3 pods - Garlic, halved
- 1/2 - Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp - Chilli Flakes h
- A pinch - Italian Seasoning / Black Pepper
- 2 tsp - Olive oil
- Cheese for garnish (mozzarella) - Grated
- Salt - To taste
- Boil water and add the penne pasta along with salt and a teaspoon of oil.
- Cook pasta till it’s soft, yet crunchy enough to bite (if using WickedGüd, don’t boil it for longer than 7 minutes).
- Save a cup of water, drain the pasta and keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and allow it to heat. Then add tomato and garlic and saute till mushy. Take off from the heat.
- Roast the bell pepper directly on a flame till black spots appear on all sides. Peel off the outer skin. Then grind it, along with the sauteed tomato and garlic to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to a pan with 1/4th cup of pasta water and allow it to boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chilli flakes, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the paste reaches a sauce-like consistency, add the cooked pasta and give a quick stir without breaking it.
- While serving, garnish with grated cheese and serve hot.