Macaroni in Red Sauce
Easy-Peasy Macaroni Recipe You Gotta Try Out!
Looking for some comfort food but can’t decide what to eat? Or are you running out of time and need a quick fix before heading out? There’s no problem in the world that a bowl of macaroni can’t solve!
Macaroni loaded up with cheesy goodness in a dish that will soon become a family favourite? Bookmark this mac in red sauce recipe right away!
- 1 pack macaroni pasta
- 4 - Cloves garlic
- 2 tsp - Basil
- Salt as required
- 2 pinches - Powdered black pepper
- 2 - red chillies
- 450gm - roma tomato
- 1/2 tsp- chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp- Parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups- Pasta water
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame and add minced garlic along with chopped red chilli and red chilli flakes.
- Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Take another pan, pour the water and bring it to a boil. Then, add pasta to the boiling water along with some salt and 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Cook the pasta for a few minutes (if using WickedGüd, don’t boil it for longer than 7 minutes). When it is cooked through, drain the extra water (save a cup) and transfer the pasta to another bowl.
- Heat the olive oil and add the peeled (or pureed) tomatoes, basil and parsley to the pan. Mix all the ingredients well and let it simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- When the sauce starts gaining consistency (add the pasta water where needed), put off the burner and add salt and black pepper powder to the sauce. Add the pasta over the warm sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more and then serve the Red Sauce Pasta immediately.
Whether you’ve been cooking for years, or you’re a beginner, this macaroni in red sauce recipe is for you!